DPS Reports

At 4:50 p.m., a 21-year-old female student reported that a person not affiliated with the university bought Milwaukee Brewers tickets from the student using a fraudulent money gram. The subject bought the tickets on Facebook and stated that he would send a money gram that would greatly exceed the cost of the tickets if the student could send the remaining money to a third party via Western Union.,”Apr. 1

At 4:50 p.m., a 21-year-old female student reported that a person not affiliated with the university bought Milwaukee Brewers tickets from the student using a fraudulent money gram. The subject bought the tickets on Facebook and stated that he would send a money gram that would greatly exceed the cost of the tickets if the student could send the remaining money to a third party via Western Union. The student sent the remaining balance of $798 to the third party and paid a $66.99 fee for the wire transfer. The bank later discovered that the money gram was counterfeit, and returned it to the student. The Milwaukee Police Department was contacted and advised the student to report the scam to an ongoing federal investigation with U.S. postal inspection.

Apr. 4

At 12:43 a.m., officers were dispatched to the 1600 block of West Wells Street where a group of students was acting in a disorderly manner in front of The Dogg Haus. A 19-year-old male student, who was attempting to start a fight with another student inside the establishment, did not cooperate with officers. The student later admitted he had been drinking previously that night in O'Donnell Hall. DPS officers advised the student that drinking underage in the residence halls is prohibited.

At 7:38 a.m., an employee reported that an unknown person vandalized a window in Sensenbrenner Hall by throwing a 4-inch diameter rock through a four-foot by four-foot double pane window. The estimated damage is $900. There are currently no suspects.