DPS Reports

At 1:18 a.m., it was reported that the smell of marijuana was coming from a room on the 7th floor of McCormick Hall. The duty resident assistant informed DPS officers that the occupants of the room tried covering up the smell of marijuana earlier in the school year by burning popcorn.,”March 5

At 1:18 a.m., it was reported that the smell of marijuana was coming from a room on the 7th floor of McCormick Hall. The duty resident assistant informed DPS officers that the occupants of the room tried covering up the smell of marijuana earlier in the school year by burning popcorn. The officers also noticed a strong scent in the air, and when they searched the room they found two glass smoking pipes and a water bong that all appeared to have marijuana resin in them. An 18-year-old male student, who was cited by the Milwaukee Police Department in October for marijuana possession, claimed all of the paraphernalia was his. MPD was contacted and the student was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia.

March 7

At 12:40 a.m., it was reported that a student vandalized the Milwaukee County bus shelter on the southeast corner of Wells and 16th Streets by throwing a glass bottle into the shelter's windowpane, causing the window to shatter. After reviewing video surveillance tapes, DPS officers were able to determine and locate the 19-year-old male student who caused the damage. The student was heavily intoxicated, and was taken to the Aurora Sinai Medical Center for treatment. He was later taken to the MPD District 3 station, where the student received a municipal citation for vandalism. The estimated damage is $750.

At 6:39 a.m., a university custodial staff employee reported that she discovered vandalism to the men's restroom and a pillar outside the restroom on the 9th floor of Schroeder Hall. The ceramic floor tile, shower curtain, shower knob and soap dispenser had all been vandalized, causing an estimated $305 in damage. Facilities Services was contacted. There are no suspects at this time.

March 11

At 12:05 p.m., DPS dispatchers observed via camera a suspect break into a secured, unattended university vehicle in Parking Lot R. Officers then noticed the subject remove university property and flee in a vehicle parked on 10th Street. DPS officers followed a 34-year-old man not affiliated with the university to the 2800 block of West Kilbourn Avenue, where they flagged down an MPD squad car for assistance. The officers stopped the suspect's car and took him and a 15-year-old juvenile also in the vehicle into custody. The property was recovered. The estimated damage to the vehicle is $150.