Retail sells on Wells

The store contains everything that a normal Radio Shack would carry, but has a much larger networking selection than other stores because of its location on campus, Vieany said.

Radio Shack is open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.

Ardmore Salon, located at 1627 W. Wells St., opened at its campus location Aug. 20, owner Jeanne Spors said.

The salon used to be situated on West Wisconsin Avenue near Mashuda Hall, but Spors wanted to expand their services and relocate to a more central location, she said. The salon closed May 31 to begin preparation for the new location.

Currently, services include manicures, haircuts and styles and two tanning beds. Additional facilities for pedicures and tanning should be available within the next two months. A hydro-massage should be available toward the end of the year, Spors said.

A George Webb restaurant is also scheduled to move in to the corner of 16th Street and Wells Avenue, formerly occupied by Dairy Queen. Associate Vice President of Administration Toby Peters said the restaurant should be open by early January 2004.

The restaurant will be open 24 hours a day, Peters said, and that's one of the reasons the university pursued George Webb to fill the space.

Peters said according to online surveys, students were looking for more late-night food options on or near campus.

The studies were coordinated by the Campus Town assessment committee and taken by students last year.

The restaurant was also chosen, Peters said, because it will fulfill the goal of integrating the university's neighbors into the use of the businesses located along Wells Street.

"We think the addition of Ardmore Salon and George Webb will work as a catalyst for other tenants moving in," Peters said.

Peters said the university is currently negotiating with businesses for two other spaces along Wells Street.