Ball is rolling for expansion

Then they get stronger and faster and what do you know, they make it to the Final Four. How about that?

Now, they've outgrown their little ol' league of Conference USA and want to move on to the Big East Conference where they can play NCAA champions Syracuse, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Seton Hall, Villanova, Connecticut (which would also be a good match up for our women's basketball team) and Georgetown.

Ohh, I'm so proud (sniff, sniff).

It isn't official yet, but after the Atlantic Coast Conference acquired Miami and Virginia, the ball has kept on rolling for expansions in different conferences and Marquette looks like they will be a part of the next move.

But wait, there's more.

Hold on to your stockings granny, because this one's a screamer!

For a limited time only, when you get Marquette, fully equipped with men's and women's basketball, soccer and tennis, you get Cincinnati, Louisville and DePaul for just $29.95!

Ding, ding, ding, ding!

That would give the Big East eight football playing teams and eight that don't play the sport at the Division I level.

How much more could Marquette gain in this situation? They get to move on to a bigger, more competitive conference and they can take all of their closest rivals with them.

With their four most dominant programs leaving, it's been said that C-USA and the Western Athletic Conference are fighting over Texas Christian, Tulane, Tulsa, Rice, Southern Methodist and Houston.

Notre Dame, who denied talking with the ACC, will most likely stay in the Big East, leaving the ACC with 12 teams, possible Boston College being the 12th, according to ESPN.

The C-USA presidents meet on Oct. 14, ESPN sources say, and there would discuss their interest in SMU, Rice and Tulsa as well as Marshall and Central Florida out of the Mid-American Conference. Along with TCU, this would give C-USA a good football division. Until the Big East makes a move, however, nothing can be made official and everyone else is waiting their decision.

If all goes well, the opportunity for more competitive games in all Marquette sports in the Big East would greatly increase. Marquette had a few sell-out games last season, but with the teams Marquette will be facing in the Big East, including Louisville and Cincinnati, the Bradley Center could sell out every regular season game.

It's all just a matter of time.