Foursome wins Week Six

The Guru on the other hand came off a strong prior week and went up in flames in Week Four like his beloved Green Bay Packers.

After roughly the first third of the season, some NFL teams are separating themselves from the pack. No pun intendend.

The Vikings, who are now 5-0, have gone 3-0 in the NFC North. As if that is not impressive enough, they are outscoring their opponents 151-84 led by backup running backs and a backup quarterback. Thanks to strong play from backup quarterback Gus Frerotte, the Norsemen were able to sit ailing signal caller Daunte Culpepper the last couple weeks. Couple that with their Week Six bye and Culpepper has had three weeks of rest before a trio of crucial matchups with the Denver Broncos, New York Giants and Green Bay Packers.

Another bright spot for the Vikings is the anticipated return of star running back and Milwaukee native Michael Bennett. Minnesota is predicting a Nov. 3 return for Bennett who has been on the disabled list since July after foot surgery. Fanball.com has reported that Bennett jogged for 20 minutes last Thursday.

"He is moving around with some pep in his step," head coach Mike Tice said. "He is moving right along. It is going to be interesting to see if he can stay on track."