Red Sox drop ball in giving Little pink slip

I guess keeping peace in a turbulent clubhouse where Martinez will throw at anyone who he feels like, where outfielder Manny Ramirez said he wouldn't mind playing for the Red Sox's archrivals, the New York Yankees, along with having to deal with an overabundance of owners was not good enough for General Manager Theo Epstein and the owners.

Little did what a manager should do in the playoffs; he rode his horse until the legs fell off. Could you imagine what would have happened if Little pulled Martinez and replaced him with one of the members of the "bad-pen" by committee and he gave up that hit to Jorge Posada?

Now the Red Sox must jump into the shallow managerial pool where conditions are not suitable for swimming. Some of the names floating in the murky waters include Bud Black, the Angel's pitching coach, former Phillies manager Terry Francona and former Mets head man Bobby Valentine.

The only name that makes baseball fans lick their pine tar in excitement is Valentine, who was part manager, part sideshow when he was handling the Mets. This is not a group suited for Valentine due to all of the personalities and veteran presence on this team. Valentine is much more suited for a young team, where his explosive attitude would jolt and not aggravate the players as it would on a veteran team. I can easily say that Valentine and Martinez would end in a remarkably similar fashion to Martinez and Don Zimmer.

With the season now over, the Chicago Cubs are still the most attractive girl that ever broke my heart, but the Red Sox have now entered the role of the cheap cousin who tries every get rich-quick scheme possible. Replacing Grady though, will be more than a "Little" task.