Jewel Tones for Spring

Basic Jewel Tones: Crisp and Clean

The weather is finally starting to warm up, better late than never. With the season just starting, it’s time to make a statement. Spring colors are ‘in full bloom’, according to W magazine. This means, rich jewel tones. Along with the pretty pastels brought in by Easter festivities, jewel tones are making their way into Spring.

true colors

(Image from polishedtips.blogspot.com)

Darker and edgier jewel tones have been featured on the cover of W Magazine. These colors are very sultry and romantic, perfect for our transition to Spring.

Whether you incorporate jewel tones in your wardrobe, accessories, handbags or shoes, they can brighten up your look. Since these colors are very rich and bright, any piece is bound to make a statement. The most popular jewel tones are shades of pink, blue, green, yellow and purple. Adding one of these colors to a simple look can really make a difference in your outfit.

Pairing a jewel tone dress with a dark leather jacket can balance out your look. Jewel tones look great with white or black. Crisp white pants and a bright jewel tone colored blouse or shirt looks chic. The leather jacket can really amp up the edginess.

My favorites are statement pieces. A bright jewel tone purse or  piece of jewelry draws attention to your look.

burberry

Looks for less:

Image 1 of ASOS Deep Plunge Full Skater Dress

Asos

H&M

H&M