BREAKING: Student struck, robbed by men on Kilbourn

Photo by Maryam Tunio

A male Marquette student was pushed and struck by two unknown male subjects who took his wallet and cell phone at 1413 W. Kilbourn Ave. around 12:20 a.m. Thursday.

The two unknown subjects were accompanied by a third male subject, according to a news release from Marquette University Police Department. After demanding and taking the student’s property, the group fled in a vehicle, which the release described as a light gray or silver four-door SUV or minivan.

The vehicle left the area by traveling northbound on N. 14th Street and westbound on W. State Street, the release said.

There was no weapon used or implied, and the student did not suffer injuries, according to the release.

The subjects were wearing dark-colored clothing, the release said.

MUPD Capt. Jeff Kranz said students should be aware of their surroundings at all times and take care of one another.

“Ensuring a safe environment for everyone on our campus and in our community is MUPD’s top priority,” Kranz said.

This incident comes after another robbery that occurred in late August, leaving a male Marquette-affiliated victim with a minor laceration to his head, according to the release.

“Investigation leads us to believe these incidents are not connected but unrelated crimes of opportunity,” Kranz said in an email.

Individuals with information about the recent armed robbery incident can contact MUPD at 414-288-6800.

This story is developing.