Plugged-in: Basketball thrives home and away

Plugged-in is your one-stop shop for all things Marquette Athletics from the past seven days. Look for Plugged-in every Monday morning.

Women’s Basketball’s Winning Streak Stays Alive

No. 19 Marquette escaped Normal, Illinois with a two-point win and its undefeated record intact in a 1-0 week.

There’s No Place Like Home For Men’s Basketball

In a 2-0 week, the No. 8 Golden Eagles won big at Fiserv Forum, a place they haven’t lost at since Dec. 3 of last season.

“He’s awesome,” Smart said about Ross after the game. “I love the guy. I wish we could clone him. He’s a type of guy (where) you can never have enough people like him. He’s got that unselfishness about him. He’s got a toughness about him.”

Up next

• Women’s basketball vs No. 22 Creighton Wednesday 7 p.m. CST at the Al McGuire Center. Follow @RaquelRuizMU and @SophiaWoodsMU on Twitter/X for live updates and the game recaps.
  • Men’s basketball vs St. Thomas Thursday 7 p.m. CST at Fiserv Forum. Follow @JackAlbrightMU and @MatthewBaltzMU on Twitter/X for live updates and the game recaps.
  • Women’s basketball vs Appalachian State Sunday 2 p.m. CST. Follow @SophiaWoodsMU on Twitter/X for live updates and the game recap.

This article was written by Kaylynn Wright. She can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter/X @KaylynnWrightMU.