Walk the Moon Happily Making Fans Shut Up And Dance

Indie-pop band Walk the Moon packed the U.S. Cellular bleachers for a night of dancing and smiling faces.
Photo by http://www.walkthemoonband.com
It is safe to say that fans were holding seats and waiting patiently for the main attraction, hours before Walk the Moon was set to perform.  Before the indie-pop band, The Griswolds and Misterwives played to the large crowd filled with painted faces on the U.S. Cellular stage.  All was well when Walk the Moon began playing, blowing everyone out of the water.
Intense lights, booming sound, high energy and fans bleed onto the Summerfest concourse. Fans sang along passionately and danced all throughout, making it a show to remember for the worlds largest music festival and those lucky enough to snag a seat.
Walk the Moon started off with a crowd favorite from their first self-titled album. Tracks from both albums, the second titled Talking is Hard, made for a great blend of up-tempo and easy-going alt-pop tunes. Throughout the show, lead singer Nicholas Petricca impressed by switched between keyboard, drums, singing and dancing. The show ended with “Shut Up and Dance” – the song that put them at the top of the charts by hitting No. 1 on the Billboard Alternative chart in March.
Walk the Moon surprised no one by coming back for an encore, preforming their first, “Anna Sun” which landed them on the Billboard charts way back in 2010. After that the guys officially ended the show, making them the talk of the night for the younger audience.
Hopefully Walk the Moon returns to Milwaukee soon, so fans who were unable to grab a spot on the bleachers can enjoy.