Marquette commencement moved to Saturday May 20

Class of 2023 commencement will be held at Fiserv Forum and each student gets 4 tickets.

Marquette’s 2023 commencement ceremonies are being moved up to Saturday after being held on Sunday the past few years.

Marquette announced that the undergraduate Class of 2023 commencement ceremony will take place at Fiserv Forum May 20 at 9 a.m. The Graduate School and Graduate School of Management ceremonies will follow at 2 p.m.

This is the first time the commencement has been held at Fiserv Forum since 2019.

“We are excited to return to the venue that best suits an event with the pomp and circumstance of Commencement, and we are pleased that the Milwaukee Bucks worked with us to identify a date that will permit us to again celebrate our thousands of graduates in that premier space,” Provost Kimo Ah Yun said in a statement

Last year, commencement ceremonies were held at the Summerfest grounds at the American Family Insurance Amphitheater. The 2021 commencement ceremony was held at American Family Field.

The Baccalaureate Mass will be held at the Al McGuire Center Friday, May 19 at 3:30 p.m. It will be followed by a reception led by University President Michael Lovell and members of the Marquette Jesuit community.

Separate ceremonies will be held for the Law School and School of Dentistry.

This story was written by Megan Woolard. She can be reached at [email protected] and on Twitter @MeganWoolard4