BREAKING: Marquette launches behavioral analysis graduate program to be housed at newly acquired building

Marquette University announced it has officially launched a new Behavior Analysis Program in the Department of Psychology. The program will be housed in a newly renovated building at 525 N. 6th St., which was originally built in 1958 and owned by Honeywell Corporation. Photo courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

The College of Arts & Sciences and the Graduate School officially launched a new Behavior Analysis Program, with master’s and doctoral specializations in the Department of Psychology, according to a university news release. The program will be housed in a newly-renovated building at 525 N. 6th Street, the former site of Herzing University. The release also said the program began this semester and already has a full class.

The Marquette Wire reported Oct. 22 that the university purchased and was preparing the site. Today’s release said, “The university purchased the building in early 2015 in a series of strategic real estate acquisitions designed to expand the campus footprint east toward downtown Milwaukee.”

The facility was originally built in 1958, according to the Wisconsin Historical Society, and was owned by Honeywell Corporations.

According to the release, the 19,000-square-foot facility will open later this fall, and contain two clinics: one focused on treating children with autism and another focused on treating severe problem behaviors in people with developmental disabilities. Additionally, the building will house research labs on the main floor, student offices and classrooms in the basement, a top floor with faculty offices as well as room to accommodate program growth, according to the release.

The program is being led by nationally-recognized researchers and clinicians Tiffany Kodak and Jeff Tiger.

The space offers students a convenient way to gain clinical experience they need before applying for professional licensure, Graduate School Dean Doug Woods said in the release.

“Clinical experiences are required for licensure in behavior analysis. Usually, that experience is obtained in a collection of different sites around the area,” Woods said. “By bringing the experiences to campus, Marquette students are going to be able to get their clinical experiences in a more convenient way, and it will allow us to serve more individuals who need the services. This program, in this building, is a great example of how Marquette brings together excellence in research, teaching and service to ‘be the difference’ in the community.”