Doug Woods to Leave for Loyola University Chicago

Woods will depart at the end of the Spring 2024 semester
Doug Woods will be leaving Marquette to go to Loyola Chicago. Photo courtesy of Marquette University.

After eight years at Marquette University, Doug Woods, Vice Provost for Graduate Studies and the Dean of the Graduate School, is leaving to be the next provost at another Jesuit institution, Loyola University Chicago.

Woods will depart at the end of the Spring 2024 semester, with no one yet to fill his place.

Since his arrival to Marquette, he implemented ideas focused on student success, such as the recent requirement that doctoral students complete three career skills of career discernment, communication and diversity, equity and inclusion.

Woods has also worked to create strategic plans and graduate programs regarding student recruitment and success, which has led to record highs in Graduate School enrollment.

Before coming to Marquette, Woods received his bachelor’s in psychology and his doctorate in clinical psychology. He worked at Texas A&M University and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee before coming to Marquette in 2016.

This story was written by Trinity Zapotocky. She can be reached at [email protected].