Brian Till named dean of the College of Business Administration

Brian+Till+will+be+taking+sabbatical+starting+May+19th.+%0A%0AMarquette+Wire+Stock+Photo.+
Brian Till will be taking sabbatical starting May 19th. Marquette Wire Stock Photo.

University President Michael Lovell announced Wednesday the selection of Brian Till as the next dean of the College of Business Administration and Graduate School of Management.

Till is currently dean of the Williams College of Business at Xavier University. He will begin his duties at Marquette on July 13, filling the position vacated by Linda Salchenberger in July 2012.

“Dr. Till brings to Marquette a wealth of experience as an administrator, business leader and scholar, all of which position him to advance the College of Business Administration and bring it to a new level of excellence,” Lovell said in his announcement email. “He has a deep understanding of what it means to be a Jesuit business school, and Marquette will benefit greatly from his leadership.”

There were plans to fill the dean position by spring 2014, but the search was delayed following the resignation of former University President the Rev. Scott Pilarz in fall 2013. Mark Eppli has been serving as the interim College of Business Administration dean since August 2012.

“I am very pleased to be joining the College of Business Administration at Marquette University as the Keyes Dean,” Till said in the announcement email. “The college and Marquette University both have an excellent reputation, and I look forward to working with the faculty and staff of the college in moving it forward.”

The business dean search committee included Alexandra Dossey, a senior in the College of Business Administration, who is the third student in university history to sit on a search committee. The committee was co-chaired by Michael Akers, professor and chair of accounting and Joseph Daniels, professor and chair of economics.

“We were fortunate to have an excellent pool of candidates for our next dean and Dr. Till rose to the top,” Akers said in the announcement email. “The faculty and staff are looking forward to working with him to take the college to new heights.”

Till received a bachelor’s degree in advertising and an MBA from the University of Texas at Austin, in addition to a Ph.D. in marketing from the University of South Carolina. Before Xavier he worked at Drexel University and Saint Louis University.