MU announces search committee for Business dean

Marquette announced the members of its search committee for the Keyes Dean of Business Administration Thursday afternoon.

The search committee will work together to find a replacement for Linda M. Salchenberger, who left the position in Aug. 2012 to move to associate provost for academic planning and budgeting. In the two years since, Mark Eppli served as the college’s interim dean.

Interim Provost Margaret Callahan named the search committee, which will be co-chaired by Michael Akers, professor and chair of accounting and Joseph Daniels, professor and chair of economics.

The committee also includes Alexandra Dossey, a senior in the College of Business Administration.

Other search committees in the university also feature student representation, including for the provost and the dean of the College of Engineering. Marquette Student Government President Kyle Whelton, a senior in the College of Arts & Sciences, will contribute to the provost search, and Abigail Deats, a senior in the College of Engineering, will contribute to the engineering dean search.

Other committee members for the business dean include:

• Dr. Monica Adya: associate professor of management
  • Ed Fallone: associate professor of law and University Academic Senate representative
  • Dr. William Henk: dean of the College of Education
  • Darren Jackson, Business Administration ’86 graduate, chief executive officer, Advance Auto Parts; university trustee
  • John Peterson: instructor of management
  • Karen Rinehart: faculty advisor of the Business Career Center and Office of International Business studies.
  • The Rev. Nicholas Santos: assistant professor of marketing
  • Dan Tranchita: Business Administration ’87 graduate, Graduate School of Management ’89 graduate, managing director and senior portfolio manager, Robert W. Baird & Co.
  • Dr. Miao Grace Wang: associate professor of economics
  • Ann Marie Wick: Business Administration ’92 graduate, director of global business analysis, Johnson Controls

The dean search will begin four to six weeks after the start of the provost search process so the next provost can be involved in the final selection. Marquette has retained the search firm Isaacson, Miller to help the search committee.