Where can your student ID get you a discount?

Higher education is expensive for the everyday college student attending Marquette University. Despite this, there are various ways for students to get discounts in the Milwaukee area and online.  

7/11 at 1624 W. Wells St.

On campus is a 7-11 that gives discounts to students. Free Slurpees are available to Marquette University students on Thursday nights! You can get any size small, medium or large free with the Slurpee flavor of your choice. 

Travel

Going home for fall break, Thanksgiving or Christmas can get expensive. A cheaper travel option for students is to take the Amtrak from the Milwaukee Downtown Intermodal Station which is only five minutes from Marquette’s campus! Amtrak offers a 15% student discount which can be a great deal when you take the train to and from home.  

Despite that, there are many students from out of state. United Airlines offers a 5% student discount for ages 18 to 23 years in the app. Students can catch their flight straight from Milwaukee’s General Mitchell Airport which you can get to by the Amtrak. 

Hello Fresh

Hello Fresh is another great online resource that delivers premade meals right to your door. This is a good resource for juniors and seniors who no longer live in dorms and are interested in learning how to cook, while saving you from making a trip to the grocery store. The student discount for Hello Fresh is 55% off the first box with an ongoing student discount of 15% off! 

Marcus Performing Arts Center 

Wish you were in New York City to see a Broadway show or ballet performance? Milwaukee has Broadway shows and ballet performances five minutes away from campus! The Marcus Performing Arts Center is the place to see a Broadway show or ballet performance in Milwaukee. Students get a discount at the box office for ballet performances for 50% off their tickets day of.

Milwaukee Museums

The Milwaukee Art Museum offers a student discount with a valid school ID. Regularly tickets are $22, but with the student discount a ticket is only $17! While the Milwaukee Public Museum offers a student discount for $20 a ticket. Both of these options are a bus ride straight from Marquette’s campus — which is free with student metro cards.

Marquette Bookstore

Marquette Bookstore gives you access to buy Marquette gear, textbooks, tech supplies, and a variety of necessities for college. The Marquette Bookstore is available online, where you can sign up with your email and get a 10% discount.

Union Sports Annex 

On Marquette’s campus is the Union Sports Annex that offers a fun option to hang out with friends, food and bowling. The food at the Union Sports Annex is available to students with a meal plan on campus. During the week, the bowling alley offers $2 games on Tuesdays and $1 bowling on Thursdays!

This story was written by Reyna Galvez. She can be reached at [email protected].