Executive VP of university operations resigns

Photo by Jessica McConnell Burt / The Geo
Marquette University executive vice president of operations Dave Lawlor has resigned his position to join a private investment firm. Photo courtesy of Marquette University

Marquette University executive vice president of operations Dave Lawlor has resigned from his position to join Gen 3 Capital, a Chicago-based private investment firm.

According to a university press release, Lawlor put decades of experience in operational best practices to use by increasing efficiencies and operationalizing the university’s strategic plan and brought a more business-minded rigor and analysis to university operations.

“On behalf of the Board of Trustees and the entire Marquette community, I want to thank Dave for his leadership and many contributions to the university,” Marquette University President Michael Lovell said in the release. “Since joining Marquette nearly two years ago, Dave has made a significant impact. Most notably, he helped close a 10-year partnership with Wintrust Financial Corp., which includes a substantial gift to scholarship aid and athletic sponsorships.”

President Lovell has appointed Joel Pogodzinski, formerly chief financial officer at Marquette, to the role of senior vice president and chief operating officer. A 1994 graduate of the Marquette College of Business Administration, Pogodzinski joined Marquette in 2017, according to the release. He previously served as vice president of finance and chief financial officer at Broan-NuTone LLC in Hartford, Wisconsin.

Joel Pogodzinski, formerly chief financial officer at Marquette, has been appointed to the role of senior vice president and chief operating officer. Photo courtesy of Marquette University.