Former commit Noskowiak to attend Iowa State

Photo by Maggie Bean

According to a report from ESPN’s Jeff Goodman, former Marquette Class of 2015 commit Nick Noskowiak has committed to Iowa State. The Sun Prairie High School point guard was released from his national letter of intent in February due to personal issues that included nearly a two month absence from his high school team.

Noskowiak is a consensus top-100 recruit. He joins fellow former Golden Eagles Jameel McKay and Deonte Burton on head coach Fred Hoiberg’s squad in Ames. McKay was set to join the Golden Eagles for the 2013-14 season after transferring from Indian Hills Community College, but suddenly left the program in October 2013. He made his debut for the Cyclones this season and averaged 11 points and 7.6 rebounds as a starter for the Big 12 Tournament champions.

Burton left Marquette at the beginning of December and committed to Iowa State just two weeks later. Burton was expected to have a breakout sophomore season for the Golden Eagles, but he only played about 16 minutes per game under first-year head coach Steve Wojciechowski.

The Golden Eagles have since signed four-star recruits in point guard Traci Carter and shooting guard Sacar Anim to supplement a strong recruiting class that is widely ranked as one of the 10 best recruiting classes in the country.