Spring into Style

Whether it be the K-Pop trends of South Korea or the minimalistic, chic vibes of France, fashion constantly transcends borders. Though many cities set fashion standards and have their own unique personalities, there are a few cities that are setting the trends for 2021: Seoul, Paris, Stockholm and New York.

Stockholm, Sweden

Set in a highly fashionable region, Stockholm embodies style and practicality for its region’s weather. Draped in scarves, long coats and muted colors, the Swedes are fashion icons to watch. Featured styles include leather, structured coats, relaxed-wear jeans and blazers.  The Swedes have truly mastered chicness in these layered looks.

Seoul, South Korea

Influenced by the roaring popularity of K-pop, Seoul fashion is comfortable, relatable and cool. Focused on street style, wearable fabrics, and practicality, Seoul fashion is what everyone wants. For a Seoul-inspired look, opt for ankle length pants, ribbed shirts, light jackets and basics like crop tops. It’s all about the balance between comfort and bold.

Paris, France

Hip in all areas, Paris is widely regarded as the place to be for style. This spring, the 1990s are making a comeback. Think low-rise jeans, distressed denim and dad sneakers.

New York City, New York

Fashion hub to the United States, NYC ranks globally with its unique fashionistas. This season is all about the textures — silk, leather, latex. Colors of this season include pink and yellow hues — in both bold and subdued forms. Honorable mention: wild patterns – it’s 2021, anything goes!

This story was written by Mary Hanna. She can be reached at [email protected].