Recruiting: Who has Wojciechowski offered in the 2021 recruiting class?

As Marquette conducts official visits with many of its prized 2020 recruiting targets, the staff is also heavily seeking many of the top prospects in the 2021 class, including four of the top six players in recruiting site 247Sports’ rankings. Here’s a breakdown of some of the players to earn a scholarship offer from head coach Steve Wojciechowski and his staff:

PATRICK BALDWIN JR. — One of the top recruits in the country goes to school less than 30 minutes from campus, and Wojciechowski’s staff has taken notice. The staff has consistently watched Phenom University, Baldwin’s summer basketball team.

Marquette also has scholarship offers to teammates Jamari Sibley and Desmond Polk and often hosts several Phenom players at one time for unofficial visits.

The rest of college basketball has taken notice of 247Sports’ second-ranked player, too. Traditional blue-bloods like Duke, Kansas and Kentucky are pursuing Baldwin along with nearby programs like Wisconsin and Northwestern.

CHET HOLMGREN — Holmgren is one of the highest-touted recruits Marquette is looking at in the 2021 class. 247Sports, Rivals and ESPN all rank the 7-foot center fourth in the country.

There’s no shortage of schools interested in the Minneapolis prospect. Gonzaga, Kansas, Iowa, Florida and Florida State are among the 29 schools to offer Holmgren, per Rivals.

Wojciechowski’s staff has frequently watched Holmgren, who plays on the same high school team as 2020 recruiting target Jalen Suggs.

KENDALL BROWN — Brown picked up an offer from Marquette June 15 — the first day the NCAA allows coaches to personally reach out to prospects in the 2021 recruiting class. 247Sports ranks Brown 21st out of all 2021 recruits in the country.

Other schools to offer a scholarship to Brown include Minnesota, Nebraska, Creighton, Texas and Kansas.

MICHAEL FOSTER — Foster, 247Sports’ sixth-ranked recruit in the 2021 class, spent his first two years of high school playing for Milwaukee Washington, less than 15 minutes by car from campus. Now he plays for Hillcrest Prep in Arizona.

Arizona State, Arizona, Georgia, UCLA and Kansas are a few of the teams to offer Foster.

CARTER WHITT — Whitt, a 6-foot-3 point guard from Raleigh, North Carolina, is 57th in 247Sports’ rankings. Like Brown, Whitt picked up an offer on the first day Marquette was allowed to make personal contact with him.

Virginia, Virginia Tech and Indiana are among a litany of high-major programs also vying for Whitt.

TREVOR KEELS — Keels, a 6-foot-5 guard from Fairfax, Virginia, ranks 36th nationally in 247Sports’ rankings. Wojciechowski will have plenty of competition from BIG EAST schools. Villanova, Butler and Seton Hall have already offered him, and Georgetown has expressed interest.

QUINCY ALLEN — Allen, who 247Sports ranks 27th nationally and eighth among small forwards, has offers from half a dozen Atlantic Coast Conference schools. He picked up an offer from MU in June.

LANGSTON LOVE — Love picked up an offer from Marquette July 1 and also has scholarship offers from Baylor, Arkansas, Villanova and others. The 6-foot-4 guard attends Montverde Academy in Montverde, Florida, the same school as former MU player Jamail Jones.

FEDONTA “J.B.” WHITE — Like Love, White earned an offer July 1 from the Golden Eagles. 247Sports ranks the 6-foot-7 prospect 64th in the country and 14th among small forwards. He also has offers from Utah and New Mexico.

HARRISON INGRAM — Ingram, 247Sports’ 17th-ranked prospect, has held an offer from Marquette since the last week in June. The 6-foot-7 small forward from Dallas already has offers from seven Division I programs in his home state.

JONATHAN KUMINGA — Kuminga, a 6-foot-8 post player from the Democratic Republic of Congo, is the top player in 247Sports’ rankings and already boasts offers from blue-blood programs like Kentucky and Duke.

Marquette offered Kuminga in May.

DARON HOLMES — Holmes, a 6-foot-8 power forward from Goodyear, Arizona, is 119th in 247Sports’ rankings but 27th in Rivals’ rankings. Arizona, Kansas and California are some of the schools to offer the post player.

JAVONTE BROWN-FERGUSON — Brown-Ferguson is yet to earn a ranking from 247Sports or Rivals, but he has certainly captivated some interest among college coaches. Kansas, Indiana, Oklahoma, Maryland and Texas A&M headline a lengthy list of schools to offer him a scholarship. 

Marquette joined that group with an offer Aug. 5. Brown-Ferguson specifically mentioned Marquette assistant coach Dwayne Killings as a key part of his recruitment in an interview with ZagsBlog.com.

CALEB FURST – Furst, ranked 32nd in Rivals’ rankings, received a scholarship offer from Wojciechowski’s staff June 29. He also holds offers from Butler, California, Indiana, Ohio State and Virginia, among others.

ADAMA SANOGO — Sanogo, a 6-foot-9 center from Mali, has played high school and summer travel basketball in the New York area and quickly attracted attention from college coaches. Oregon, Arizona State, Creighton and UConn are among schools to offer him a scholarship.

MICAWBER ETIENNE — Etienne, the 67th-best overall player and 11th-best center in 247Sports’ rankings, picked up an offer from Marquette June 15. Other schools recruiting him include Pitt, UConn, Iowa and Arizona State. The 6-foot-10 center lives less than an hour from UConn.

NNANNA NJOKU — Njoku, the 17th-best center in 247Sports’ rankings, holds offers from Villanova, Virginia Tech, Providence, Pitt and other high-major programs. He’s held an offer from MU since late June.