Twitter Tuesday: Musicians edition

Twitter Tuesday: Musicians edition

Whether you are a devoted composer or a casual strummer, there is nothing quite as soul-nourishing as creating music. Regardless of your musical preferences, the ability to communicate with others on an emotional level through music is a wondrous human aptitude. If you’re interested in improving your musical ability, or perhaps decide to pick up your very first instrument, here is a list of three of the most musician-friendly Twitter accounts that are sure to help you begin your artistic endeavors on a high note.

Modern Drummer: @ModernDrummer

While they may not receive the most praise and attention positioned behind the rest of the band, drummers are said to have more fun than any other member. Modern Drummer is an account devoted to the unsung heroes of rock (still more lauded than the bassist, of course) and is a must-follow for any and all lovers of drums. The account is loaded with helpful tips for structuring the perfect kit and is constantly uploading videos of the most sensational percussionists.

Guitar World: @GuitarWorld

As opposed to the drummer, guitarists are arguably the most surveyed instrumentalists on any stage, and as a result, the guitar has become one of the most commonly played musical instruments in the world. While there are certainly a lot of guitarists roaming around, Guitar World provides the tools that you’ll need to distance yourself from the amateurs in terms of skill. With daily posts about everything from fundamental warmup scales to instructions on choosing the guitar pick most conducive to your style, Guitar World is an essential resource for any avid six-string enthusiast.

Singing Success: @singingsuccess

If you only remember the name of one member of a band, chances are it’s the singer’s. These frontmen and women are the narrators of song and require nothing more to perform than a healthy throat. Singing Success offers everything from inspirational singing-related quotes to links and videos of a variety of incredible rising stars. Whether you are a stranger to the stage or a touring artist, you’re bound to find something useful amid the tremendous expanse of content featured on Singing Success’s account.