Preview of the American Music Awards

Award season is upon us … well, almost. The American Music Awards airs this Sunday on ABC at 7 p.m. Host Pitbull will probably be wearing sunglasses the whole night and yelling “Dale”  throughout the show. I wouldn’t expect anything less from him. Who will be the big winners? What performances will make everyone talk? And, of course, what will Lady Gaga be wearing?

Performers: Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Luke Bryan, Miley Cyrus, Florida Georgia Line, Ke$ha, One Direction, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Kendrick Lamar, Imagine Dragons, Rihanna, TLC, Jennifer Lopez, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Pitbull and Ariana Grande.

I’m sure Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus have something very strange planned for their performances. The performances that I am most looking forward to are Katy Perry, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, One Direction and Rihanna. The show will appeal to all music lovers due to the diversity.

It is up to the fans to determine the winners of each category. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis lead all nominations with six. Justin Timberlake and Taylor Swift follow with five apiece. The question is who will go home with the biggest award of the night: Artist of the Year. Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Bruno Mars are all featured in the category.

Another big category to watch for will be the New Artist of the Year Award. Nominees include Florida Georgia Line, Ariana Grande, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Imagine Dragons, and Phillip Phillips. I’m sure that the heavy favorite is Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, but it is all up to the fans.

Other popular categories to watch for are Female and Male Artists of the Year for Pop/Rock. Female nominees include Taylor Swift, Rihanna and Pink. Male nominees include Justin Timberlake, Bruno Mars and Robin Thicke. Nominees for Favorite Band, Duo, or Group in the Pop/Rock category include One Direction, Imagine Dragons and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.

I’m predicting wins for Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake and One Direction in the above categories. They were all really popular this past year, so I am expecting they will all have big nights. The show should be very entertaining and is one of my favorites to watch. Let me know what you think of the show.