Leave Joe The Plumber alone!

Someone needs to follow Chris Crocker's example and step up for Joe the Plumber's privacy.ps?
    LEAVE JOE THE PLUMBER ALONE!

I love blue-collar working America as much as the next guy, but the media obsession with Joe Wurzelbacher, more commonly known as Joe the Plumber, has got to stop. I came across a headline that read, “Joe The Plumber Nixes Country Album Rumors” with the subhead “Unofficial GOP Mascot Still Writing Book.”

The poor guy raised a concern with Barack Obama’s small business policy at one of the candidate’s events. At the presidential debate a few nights later, John McCain latched on to Joe’s story to show weaknesses in Obama’s tax  plan. Now, the man’s got more media tailing him than Paris Hilton.

Joe now has a publicist and a book deal, and apparently tabloid rumors circulating about him, just like a reality star. They’ve dug to find his improper licenship and skipped tax payments, as if he were the one running for office. All because this man did his part to participate in the civic process by asking a question. I sure hope this doesn’t deter anyone else from keeping themselves informed on the issues.

I can’t wait until the election is over so that news networks can find something worthwhile to talk about.