Sports Sideshow: Chad’s leap

ochocincoWhen Cincinnati Bengals wideout Chad Ochocinco (née Johnson) said he would perform a Lambeau Leap if he scored a touchdown against the Packers, he assured fans that it was all in good fun.

Sure, Chad, it makes a lot of sense. After scoring a touchdown against the Packers, you want to jump into the stands where their 70,000 drunk fans are sitting, upset because you just scored on them. Hey, after that, maybe you should smash this wasp nest with this baseball bat.

So with 1:09 remaining in the third quarter, our hero caught a 13-yard strike from quarterback Carson Palmer to take the lead, and the show began.

After receiving some less than enthusiastic responses, he found a group of three Bengals fans sitting in the front row off to the side, which must not have been that difficult since Ochocinco apparently paid for their tickets himself. After a surprisingly unimpressive leap, he found himself being mauled by Packers and Bengals fans alike. I think I even saw a punch in there. Way to hit the guy covered in protective padding, idiots.

But winning the Hero of the Week award was the Packers fan that was just blatantly flipping off the camera and screaming some choice words into Ochocinco’s ear. Really good stuff. I’m not allowed to repeat it, but it roughly translates to:

“Child, please.”