DPS Reports

Feb 26

At 10:36 p.m., a 19-year-old female student was found in possession of false identification at the Union Sports Annex. A manager contacted the Department of Public Safety when he noticed the female student, who was consuming alcoholic beverages in the bowling alley, was wearing an oversized wristband that appeared to be given to her by another person. After DPS officers asked to see her ID, they checked the student's name and discovered the Ohio driver's license she had given them was fake. The student was issued a Milwaukee Police Department referral slip, and the ID was confiscated.

Feb. 28

At 2:08 a.m., two 20-year-old male students acted in a disorderly manner in the 700 block of West Wisconsin Avenue. As the students attempted to cross the street against the light, oncoming traffic was forced to stop at the intersection. A DPS officer then observed one of the students pound his fist on the vehicle that had stopped in front of him. The officer approached the students and ordered them to stop walking. The students did not comply, and when the officer caught up with them, they were cited for acting in a disorderly manner.

Mar. 1

At 1:22 a.m., a DPS officer observed a 20-year-old male student smash a chair against a building in the 1500 block of West Wells Street. When part of the chair broke off and struck a nearby vehicle, the student attempted to flee the scene on foot. The officer eventually caught up with the suspect who stated that he found the chair outside and his friends had dared him to smash it. After noticing that the student was talking with slurred speech and had a heavy odor of alcohol on his breath, the DPS officer asked to see the student's ID. The officer eventually found the student's Ohio driver's license to be fake. The student was issued an MPD referral slip, and the ID was confiscated.

Mar. 2

At 1:14 a.m., DPS officers were called to McCormick Hall after getting reports from hall staff that the smell of marijuana was coming from a room on the 9th floor. DPS officers located the room where the smell was coming from, and questioned the three male students inside. The students denied any use of drugs, but when the room was searched, officers found a glass pipe and two bottles of alcohol inside. MPD was contacted and one 20-year-old male student received a citation for possession of drug paraphernalia, while another 20-year-old male student was cited for underage possession and consumption of alcohol. The third student was not issued any citations, and the pipe was confiscated.