DPS Reports

At 7:03 p.m., a 19-year-old male student reported $100 stolen from his unsecured, unattended wallet. On Feb. 16, the student discovered a $50 bill had been taken from the wallet he placed in the top desk drawer of his Carpenter Tower dorm room. Monday, the student noticed that another $50 bill had been taken from the same location.,”Feb. 23

At 7:03 p.m., a 19-year-old male student reported $100 stolen from his unsecured, unattended wallet. On Feb. 16, the student discovered a $50 bill had been taken from the wallet he placed in the top desk drawer of his Carpenter Tower dorm room. Monday, the student noticed that another $50 bill had been taken from the same location. The student stated he would start securing his room from now on. The total loss was $100.

Feb. 24

At 6:49 a.m., it was reported that a student was in possession of another person's driver's license in Schroeder Hall. When the 20-year-old male student was entering the residence hall, the DPS officer working at the front desk noticed the student had two identification cards inside his wallet. The officer asked to see the IDs, and discovered that one of the IDs was an Illinois driver's license with a 1984 date-of-birth. The student was given a Milwaukee Police Department referral slip, and the ID was confiscated.

At 3:27 p.m., it was reported that a 20-year-old male student used another 20-year-old male student's bank card without permission to withdraw $200 from an ATM located in the Alumni Memorial Union. The victim stated that he previously withdrew $40 from the machine and forgot to remove his card from the ATM. All of the victim's information was still up on the screen when the $200 was withdrawn. After reviewing surveillance tapes of the ATM, DPS officers were able to identify the suspect. The $200 was returned to the victim, along with the bank card. The victim declined MPD assistance.