DPS Reports

At 11:51 a.m., a 19-year-old male student living in McCormick Hall reported his MarquetteCard stolen. After realizing that he lost the ID, the student checked online to find the card had been used to make a $3.25 drink purchase from a McCormick vending machine and a $0.,”Feb. 19

At 11:51 a.m., a 19-year-old male student living in McCormick Hall reported his MarquetteCard stolen. After realizing that he lost the ID, the student checked online to find the card had been used to make a $3.25 drink purchase from a McCormick vending machine and a $0.90 snack purchase in the library. DPS officers reviewed surveillance video at the time the purchases were made. After some questioning, the officers were able to determine that two students, a 20-year-old male and an 18-year-old female, had made the illegal purchases. The students agreed to make restitution.

At 6:09 p.m., DPS officers observed, via surveillance cameras, a 32-year-old male not affiliated with the university attempt to rob a 24-year-old male not affiliated with the university in the 1600 block of West Clybourn Street. After the victim gave the subject money, the victim started walking southbound on 16th Street until the subject blocked him. The subject then put his hand in his coat pocket, implying that he had a weapon, and pushed the subject to the ground. DPS officers arrived on the scene and detained the subject. The Milwaukee Police Department was contacted and took the subject into custody for attempted strong-armed robbery.

Feb. 20

At 2:59 p.m., it was reported that an unknown suspect had been vandalizing a doorknob on the third floor of McCormick Hall by squirting glue into the keyhole. The vandalism occurred on three separate occasions – Monday, Tuesday and Friday nights – causing $90 worth of damage each time. The total estimated damage is $270. The suspect is still at large.

At 6:21 p.m., DPS officers were dispatched to the fifth floor of Cobeen Hall where residents reported the smell of marijuana coming from one of the rooms. A 19-year-old female resident led the officers to the room where she said the smell of smoke had been coming for the past week. DPS officers entered the unoccupied room to find the windows open, the fan on and a 4-inch pipe sitting on a female resident's desktop. MPD responded for the possession of drug paraphernalia report. After fully searching the room, officers found a flask, a partially smoked cigarette and a green leafy substance wrapped loosely in a plastic bag. At 7:15 p.m., the female subject arrived back to her dorm room and confessed, without the need for questioning. The student was cited by MPD for possession of drug paraphernalia and her contraband was confiscated.

Feb. 21

At 2:39 a.m., a 21-year-old female student reported being battered by a 41-year-old male cab driver not affiliated with the university. A DPS officer on a routine route observed the female victim lying on the ground and crying in front of 2040 Lofts. The victim and a 20-year-old female witness reported to the officer that they got into a verbal argument with the driver over the cab fare. They reported that the driver got out of the car and struck the victim in the head twice with a closed fist. The suspect was cited by MPD for assault and battery and later released.