The lighter side of sports JB1 TKO2 PC3

After Dwyane Wade took an errant shot to the face during Miami's Sunday win over Charlotte, he emerged from the locker room afterward with boxing gloves, a robe, and a swollen left eye. For a second, I thought maybe he was considering going on Celebrity Boxing 2 and taking a piece out of Tonya Harding.,”After Dwyane Wade took an errant shot to the face during Miami's win over Charlotte Sunday, he emerged from the locker room with boxing gloves, a robe, and a swollen left eye. For a second, I thought maybe he was considering going on Celebrity Boxing 2 and taking a piece out of Tonya Harding.

Donning the gloves, he asked his teammates what his boxing nickname would be. I guess "Flash" isn't good enough. Alas, no one in the room could muster a suitable moniker.

Fear not, D-Wade. Ask, and ye shall receive. Any of these should do fine:

"Frodo" – you know, because he's Lord of the (boxing) Rings. No? C'mon. I thought it was decent. Fine. Moving on.

"Artificial Sweetener" – too many "Sugars" out there already. Also considered: Caffeine-Free.

"Chef Tony's Miracle Blade" – this only works when put in between his first and last names. Dangerous, and rhyming.

After much deliberation, I decided on "The Stallion." Why? He's fast, powerful, and was ridden by Tom Crean to the Final Four.