DPS Reports

Feb. 7

At 1:36 a.m., it was reported that a 22-year-old male student battered another 22-year-old male student inside Caffrey's Pub. The bar staff restrained the subject, who later claimed that the victim had been continuously touching his female friend's leg, even after the subject warned him to stop. The subject then punched the victim in the head several times before employees restrained him. The battered student was transported by ambulance to Aurora Sinai Medical Center where he was treated for various cuts inside his ear that caused bleeding. The subject was taken into custody by the Milwaukee Police Department and later released. Charges were not filed as of press time.

At 4:03 p.m., it was reported that two underage students were in possession of alcohol in the parking lot of Kampus Foods. DPS officers spotted the 18 and 19-year-old male students as they emptied a 24-pack of 16 oz. cans of beer into empty backpacks. One of the students claimed that his cousin, a 22-year-old male student, purchased the alcohol for them. The beer was confiscated.

At 9:46 p.m., a university employee reported that a 29-year-old woman not affiliated with Marquette signed into Sensenbrenner Hall to use a computer for personal reasons. She was then seen viewing explicit images on the computer, which later revealed to be naked pictures of herself.

Feb. 8

At 2:45 a.m., an 18-year-old male student fell asleep in a common area of McCormick Hall. When the student awoke at 3:44 a.m., he reported that the New Balance shoes he was wearing when he fell asleep had been stolen, along with $60 from his wallet. The total estimated loss was $120.