Feb. 3, 2008 – DPS Reports

Jan. 31

At 8:36 p.m., a Department of Public Safety officer observed two 20-year-old male students exit Schroeder Hall and walk toward Kampus Foods, 1414 W. Wells St., holding backpacks that appeared to be empty. The students were then observed exiting Kampus Foods with backpacks that appeared to be full. The DPS officer directed the students to his squad car, and the students admitted they were underage and had 30 12-oz. cans of beer in their backpacks. One of the students was issued a Milwaukee Police Department referral slip for possessing false identification.

Between noon and 3:30 p.m., an 18-year-old female student reported that an unknown person entered her unsecured room in McCormick Hall and removed nine books (including a Bible) and several Spanish audio CDs while she was away at the men's basketball game. The missing property is valued at $330.

Feb. 1

At 3:06 a.m., an 18-year-old female student attempted to gain entry into McCormick Hall using a fake Ohio driver's license. The ID was confiscated and she was issued an MPD referral slip for possessing false identification.

At 11:41 p.m., a video camera caught three male students smoking out of a glass pipe near the west exterior of O'Donnell Hall. After DPS officers told the students what was seen on camera, the students admitted to smoking marijuana. A 19-year-old male student was cited by MPD for possession of drug paraphernalia, and his pipe was confiscated. The other two 18-year-old male students were advised and did not receive a citation.