DPS Reports

Jan. 17

At 12:44 p.m., a 22-year-old female student was the victim of a strong-arm robbery after two unidentified suspects approached the student walking in the 900 block of North Renee Street. One of the suspects wrapped his arms around the student's upper body, causing her to fall to ground. The suspect then forcibly took the student's purse and both suspects fled. The student reported her purse, two wallets, ID's, credit and debit cards, $30 and several gift cards stolen. The estimated value is $1,155. The student was not injured.

Jan. 19

At 2:03 a.m., it was reported that a 19-year-old male student and an unidentified suspect vandalized several ceiling tiles near the 4th floor elevator in Schroeder Hall. When questioned about the damaged and knocked out ceiling tiles, the resident claimed that he was "displaying his jumping skills" when he damaged a single ceiling tile. He denied being responsible for the larger damage by the elevator. The estimated damage is $300.

At 10:02 p.m., a 19-year-old male student was caught trying to use false identification in an attempt to get a wristband to buy alcoholic beverages at the Union Sports Annex. The student was issued a DPS-Milwaukee Police Department referral slip and his ID was confiscated.