New DVD trivia game arrives in time for Christmas

DVD games are fast becoming the future for family-oriented fun, evidenced by a series of DVD games recently released by Cannery Games entitled "Scene It?," "Shout About…" and "Trivial Pursuit." Cannery Games is joining the fray with "Who Rules?," a trivia game that acts as a game show.

The DVD is hosted by the players' television and voiced by Patrick Warburton (also known as the voice of Kronk in Disney's "The Emperor's New Groove" and Joe Swanson on "Family Guy").

The game has eight trivia categories. The questions range between pop culture to politics to history. The highlight of the categories is TailG8tr, which involves trying to decipher a vanity license plate and who it belongs to out of three famous people.

"Who Rules?" is a game best played by two opposing people or two opposing teams — either way it's a competition. Besides just winning, what are you playing for? Random virtual prizes like a pair of sunglasses or a beach ball. It may seem pointless, but if your prize is better, you'll gloat.

The demographic the game is aimed at are college-aged or older as shown by the questions asked. However, many of the questions seem too easy even though they can be informative. How well you do in the game depends on how much random knowledge you've acquired over the years or how adept you are at guessing.

Grade: B