Track and Field: Koeck, MacCourtney and Schuh move up on regional list

Marquette track and field competed at the Benedictine Twilight Invitational in Lisle, Ill., this weekend. Junior Carlye Schuh and sophomore William Koeck broke their own records in the long jump and hammer throw, respectively.

Schuh’s jump of 6.06 meters puts her 21st in the NCAA West division, a regional championship qualifying mark. Koeck’s throw of 59.91-meters is the 36th best in the region.

Senior Sarah MacCourtney won the women’s high jump, clearing 1.75 meters. Her mark ranks 24th in the region.

Marquette had its share of Big East mark hits and misses. Junior Zach Grese set a personal best, as he won the 3,000-meter steeplechase. His time of 9:22.44 met the Big East standard. He will join freshman William Hennessy in the event next weekend.

Junior Spencer Agnew (3:53.03), freshman D.T. McDonald (3:54.61) and sophomore David Sajdak (3:55.13) took the top three spots in the men’s 1,500-meter run. All set outdoor personal bests and punched their tickets to the conference championship.

Sophomore Glenn Lawrence, Jr. left the meet empty-handed with shortcomings in the men’s 100-meter and 200-meter dash. He missed the 200-meter qualification by .04 seconds with his time of 22.04. His miss in the 100-meter dash was even closer, as he ran .02 seconds slower than the standard of 10.93.

Junior Connor Stengel also missed the 200-meter dash mark with his fourth place finish overall in 22.02. It was a wind-aided mark with a reading of 2.3 meters per second, which means it cannot be registered as a personal best for him.

Marquette travels to Piscataway, N.J., for the Big East Outdoor Championship, which runs from May 3 to 5.