The Gus Knorr Show – 11/2/11

Hey everyone! For the first time in a few weeks, I am back on the air hosting The Gus Knorr Show, with more great music from the 60s, 70s, and anywhere in between. The theme today is music from the shuffle playlist on my iPod. If anything, expect great variety and constant wondering of what I’ll play next.

• First, a classic heavy metal song from 1972,Smoke on the Water, by Deep Purple.
    • Next up, another song from the early 70’s: it’s one of Elton John’s best known songs, Rocket Man.
    • Switching up to a new band and their new album, Canadian blues-rock group Wide Mouth Mason’s new song, More of It.
    • A song from the 1950s is next, which is Smokestack Lightning by the great blues singer Howlin’ Wolf.
    • Another new song by indie rock band The Hops follows; it’s There’s Something, off of their new album, Won’t it Be Fun. The Hops will be performing an acoustic set and interview on Sam Kissel’s Marquette Radio show, Sounds Like Suburbia, on Sunday at 6:00 PM. Be sure to tune in for that.
    • The Rolling Stones’ 1971 song Brown Sugar follows The Hops.
    • Switching up to several novelty songs, the next song is Three Little Pigs, by comedy rock band Green Jellö. Here’s a YouTube video of the song’s music video, done in claymation.
    • This week’s A.C. song of the week is next, and it’s Mike Mahan Has Gingivitis.
    • Switching to another new band, here’s I Am a Hologram by indie rock band Mister Heavenly.
    • Moving back to the 60s, the next song is Midnight Confessions by the Grass Roots.
    • And back to the present day, the next song is Brown Haired Daughter by alternative country band Old 97’s.
    • The next song is by The Beatles; it’s Revolution (not to be confused with Revolution 9.)
    • Another song from the late 60s is next, which is The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down by The Band.
    • Continuing with some 60s songs, the next song, Absolutely Free, is by that great satirist Frank Zappa and his band, the Mothers of Invention.
    • This week’s Wesley Willis Song of the Week is Dale Meiners, about one of Wesley’s close friends and bandmates in the Wesley Willis Fiasco.
    • After a few older songs, here’s a brand new song by British indie pop band Viva Brother, Darling Buds of May.
    • Next up is one of the great songs from the 1950s, Blueberry Hill by Fats Domino.
    • The final new song of the night is up next; it’s Safe and Sound by Canadian indie rock band Sun Wizard.
    • The final song of the night is Go All the Way by the Raspberries, released in 1972.

Wait in a few days for the link so you can listen to this episode of The Gus Knorr Show any time you want. Thanks for listening, and hopefully you all can tune in next week, as well as the remaining weeks this semester.

It's Gus!
    Me in lovely Venice Beach, CA