NFL Week 4 Wrap Up

One word can be used to wrap up week 4 – Redemption. Yes, redemption for Billy Cundiff, the man who was ran out of Baltimore for basically costing the Ravens a trip to the Super Bowl in the eyes of most of their fans. In my opinion, football games can never be blamed on just one play, but most fans are a lot more ignorant then I am. But on Sunday, Cundiff saved the day for the Redskins. He got his redemption, sort of. He finally made a game winning field goal. But Billy wasn’t the only player to redeem himself this week. Chris Johnson, the artist formally known as CJ2K and who has recently been known as CJ2yds, rushed for 141 yards this week, double what he had in the previous three games this season. Kevin Kolb threw for a game saving touchdown, slowly redeeming himself for his last few years of pathetic football. Cam Newton redeemed the artist of the famous Hello Kitty photo with a costly late game fumble that ultimately resulted in Carolina losing the game. And even the replacement refs earned some redemption this week, when the real referees blew a blatant fumble call which resulted in every Packer fan booing the same refs they gave a standing ovation for at the beginning of the week.

One thing I learned this week – The NFC West is not as much of a walk in the park as it was in the past. It is the best defensive division in football – hands down. There is few that would argue the statement that San Francisco is the best defense in the NFL. Arizona’s defense is playing out of their minds this year, easily a top five defense thus far. After seeing what they did to Aaron Rodgers in the most infamous game of the season, its easy to say that Seattle is a top 10 defense. And even the Rams, who have always had a terrible defense, are reborn under Jeff Fisher, and have played very well defensively in their first four games, and probably have a defense that I would rank in the upper half of defenses in the league. Sure, I would still say it’s the worst offensive division in all of football, but these are four dangerous defenses this year; most teams aren’t looking forward to playing these guys as much as they used too.

So who’s the best team in football right now? My pick – and my favorite to win it all, is the Houston Texans. A team that saw its superbowl hopes shattered last year with a few injuries late in the season is back with a vengeance; and all though they have not really been tested, they have looked damn good. Heres my top five teams thus far – 1. Texans. 2. Falcons. 3. San Francisco 4. Arizona 5. Baltimore. But watch out for the Vikings. Christian Ponder is breaking out in a big way, the defense from the Brett Favre days has woken up from a long sleep, and don’t forget about the fact that they have two of the most dangerous playmakers in the game – Percy Harvin and Adrian Peterson. I believe they are a legit contender for a division title this year.

Weekly Awards

The  Michael Vick award for Best performance goes to Tom Brady. After being down 21-7 at halftime to a pathetic Buffalo team, Brady exploded in the second half and the flood gates opened en route to a 52-28 New England victory. Brady threw for 340 yards, 3 touchdowns, and even ran for one. Brady played like the Tom we all knew and loved (or hated), and ended my anxiety that my number one pick in fantasy wouldn’t work out.

The Kyle Orton award for Worst performance goes to Mark Sanchez. 13-29, 103 yards, 0 touchdowns, 1 int. Sanchez has looked absolutely terrible along with the rest of the Jets offense in 3 of their 4 games thus far. The whispers are getting louder and louder, the clocks are ticking faster and faster–it’s almost Tebow time.

The Golden Tate award for Most deceiving performance goes to the San Francisco defense. They played great, but there was a lot of factors that resulted in this. For starters, they we’re playing the worst offense in football. And on top of that, one of the worst quarterbacks in football, two of the worst running backs, and the only talented player on the offense, Santonio Holmes, blew out his knew and in the process handed the ball off to a San Fran DB, who took it to the house. The Jets played just as bad as the 49ers played good.

Here’s this weeks play of the week – from my Rams, who made me proud this week.

http://www.businessinsider.com/rams-fake-field-goal-touchdown-video-2012-9#ooid=42ZjUyNjo5DKM9ioOm2s658y_4BdMh3C

• T

T-RuckusOct 3, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Great article up until the Golden Tate award…