Bears. BEATS. Battlestar Galactica. – April 25, 2013

dontwantgif

Welcome to today’s show! We’re stating today’s show with love and progressing to reminders. Kicking off the show is Love Love Love by Of Monsters and Men. We’re going to follow that up with a song of the same name, Love Love Love by Tristan Prettyman. Love is such a common topic in music, but The Lumineers have an interesting outlook in their song Stubborn Love, in which they state that the opposite of love is indifference. I frankly think they’re right, but since most people think the opposite of love is hate, we’re going to hear about that in our next song. Hate (I really Don’t Like You) by the Plain White T’s is a clear example of love gone wrong. In the song, the singer wonders “what I liked about you” and tells the girl that broke his heart that she’s not that special.

Speaking of special, Ida Maria doesn’t think you’re that special either. I Like You So Much Better When You’re Naked is a great song about lust. Interesting connection between this and the next song, both Ida Maria and Marina and The Diamonds mention cigarettes in their songs. Marina and the Diamonds also mentions that I Am Not a Robot. Regina Spektor isn’t a robot either, but she is hooked into Machine. Perhaps Florence Welch is the same and that’s where she came up with the name Florence + The Machine. Her song No Light No Light is one of my favorites right now. It seems true that when a light goes out there is darkness. According to The Smiths, though, The Is a Light That Never Goes Out.

Speaking of light, Slow Lights by Sin Fang is a song we’re going to listen to for the first time together! A lot of things in life are slow. The Kills point out that the Future Comes Slow. The Future is something that a lot of us think about a lot, including Five Knives! When some of us are living in the future, others are living in the past. The Past and Pending by The Shins is one example. We need to live life day to day though, like Past in Present by Feist. Rounding out the show, we’re going to have one final song by Feist. 1 2 3 4

Speaking of light, Slow Light is