Ra Ra Riot and Tegan & Sara hit the shelves!

It’s only been a little over a month since 2013 has started and what a great start it is off to in the music industry. After three years of anticipation and after the loss of past violinist, Alexandra Lawn, Ra Ra Riot has released a new album entitled “Beta Love.” The group maintained their same upbeat vibe from their previous two albums, but successfully mix in a more electronic vibe. The single off of the album, also titled “Beta Love,” does a great representation for the entirity of the album. Still featuring the feel good vibes from the previous, with just an even more dance feel. Though a change of sound, the group still keeps a fun mood that’s transcribed through every track, and will leave a great impression of the group.

Definitely an oldie, but goodie group. While maintaining their usual works, I recommend giving a listen to their new release. It will not be on your list of regrets.

I haven’t ever really given Tegan & Sara, but after hearing their new album “Heartthrob” I am a little upset I just now gave them a listen. The group contains two sisters who have been writing music together since they were in high school. I haven’t had enough of a listen to their stuff to say “they have matured greatly over the years,” but this album is definitely a masterpiece. Combining powerful lyrics and enticing music, the duo provide a flawless album. Throughout the entirety of my listen I honestly envisioned myself listening to it at festivals (which got me really excited for festival season.) This has been one of the most anticipated albums of 2013 and there’s no question in my mind why. Tegan and Sara give a part of themselves to their work and it comes across beautifully.

If you’re like me and never gave the group a listen yet… do it. You will not regret, and this album is so well put together, produced, written, the works, and I really hope I get a chance to hear it live, because I imagine it’s even more phenomenal.
tegan