Marquette Radio’s featured Show of the Week: ‘I’m an RA’

Your parents drop you off, drive away and you walk into your freshman dorm room. Your roommate is weird and you’re trying to figure out just how you’ll survive living a whole year together. Is your resident assistant going to be an asset or an adversary during your time in community living? Only time will tell for sure, but if you’re lucky enough to have one of these guys you’ll get to know your RA by tuning into their weekly radio show.

MUR is proud to present our featured show of the week, “I’m an RA”! In its second year on Marquette Radio, “I’m an RA” is a show focusing on the wide-ranging musical tastes of two students, Sam Gubelman and Griffin Gross, that double as DJs and RAs. Regularly playing music in the vein of grunge, ska, post-punk, and dream-pop, the show centers on a healthy rotation of guilty pleasure ’80s music and stimulating conversation. Their comfort with their jobs, music and with each other make for a show that is well-worth tuning into as your school week winds down. Listen in to hear a little more about campus life from the perspective of the RAs, it may surprise you to learn they’re just like everyone else!

When he’s not in the radio studio, Sam is often dedicating time to his studies (he’s a junior double majoring in criminology and law and sociology), participating in the Marquette Trap and Skeet Club or working as an RA in Carpenter Tower. Griffin is liable to be finishing up his studies as well, he is a senior studying accounting and works day-to-day as an RA in Schroeder Hall.

You can check out last week’s playlist via the Spotify player below and be sure to tune in to “I’m an RA” every Thursday evening from 4:30-6 LIVE on Marquette Radio!