Wire Stock Photo.
The university announced Nov. 2 that University President Michael Lovell created an Advisory Board for the Marquette Police Department.
The board will contribute input on MUPD policies, procedures and activities to the Board of Trustees, Lovell and MUPD Chief Paul Mascari, according to a university news brief. Its input will include advice and recommendations.
Board members include a student and faculty. All of the members are as follows:
– Thomas Hammer, associate law professor, serving as the chair
– Zack Wallace, Marquette Student Government president, serving as the MUSG representative
– Herbert Lowe, College of Communication professional in residence and director of the O’Brien Fellowship in Public Service Journalism and journalism for social change, serving as the Academic Senate representative
– Carol Trecek, director of continuing education and alumni relations in the School of Dentistry, serving as the Staff Senate representative
– Keith Stanley, executive director of Avenues West and Near West Side Partners, Inc., serving as the community representative
The board will meet publicly and quarterly. Its first meeting will be Nov. 10 from 3 to 5 p.m. in the Alumni Memorial Union Monaghan Ballrooms.