Final four Graduate School dean candidates announced, will present in June and July

Photo by Matt Kulling / matthew.kulling@marquette.edu

Natalie Wickman

The final four candidates for the next Graduate School dean were named in a university news brief Monday, and they will start giving presentations on campus June 29.

The finalists and their presentation days are as follows. Videos of each candidate’s presentation will be published on today.marquette.edu shortly after they are given.

John Kiss: Graduate school dean and biology professor at the University of Mississippi. June 29, 10:45 to 11:45 a.m., Alumni Memorial Union room 163.

Minnetta Gardinier: Associate graduate school dean and associate pharmacology professor at the University of Iowa. July 1, 10:45 to 11:45 a.m., AMU room 163.

Douglas Woods: Head and professor of psychology at Texas A&M University. July 8, 10:45 to 11:45 a.m., AMU room 163.

Eric Herzik: Chair and professor of political science at the University of Nevada – Reno. July 15, 10:45 to 11:45 a.m., AMU’s Henke Lounge.

Jeanne Hossenlopp was Graduate School dean and vice provost for research before stepping down this February. She is now the university’s first vice president for research and innovation.

The Graduate School dean search committee is chaired by mathematics, statistics and computer science professor Stephen Merrill. The committee has student representation with Anthony Correro, a doctoral student in clinical psychology. The committee’s plan in April was to have the dean selected by the end of June 2015.