3 YouTube channels that’ll make your mouth water

The difference between eating to live and living to eat is often ambiguous. If we merely ate to survive, our food probably wouldn’t need to taste all that great, whereas if we lived for the exclusive goal of indulging in our appetites, we likely wouldn’t live very long. Finding the balance between these two extremes means appreciating cooking as an art form capable of nourishing the body and mind while concurrently catering to the senses and the soul. For those who are interested in realizing this delectable equilibrium, here are three of the best cooking channels on Youtube that’ll teach you to chew with your eyes closed.

Hilah Cooking

Unless you are a naturally gifted culinary prodigy or have the amount of time necessary to become one, you probably aren’t in search of complex and time-consuming recipes. Luckily, Hilah Johnson of Hilah Cooking prides herself on offering comprehensive video tutorials on dishes that are relatively simple to prepare for the sake of the working man and woman. While Hilah aims to appeal to the novice chef, her tutorials aren’t limited to diner food. What makes Hilah Cooking such an extraordinary channel is its offering of stress-free and delicious recipes of a variety of cuisines including authentic Mexican, Asian, Italian and even some Middle Eastern meals.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hilahcooking

Laura in the Kitchen

In contrast to the variety of foods featured on Hilah Cooking, Laura in the Kitchen focuses predominantly on a single cuisine, Italian food. The fact that Laura focuses on one form of cultural cookery means that dishes may be a bit more difficult to prepare compared to Hilah Cooking. However, this specialization of recipes proves precursory to a more refined and culturally authentic end result. In addition, such intelligible and interactive tutorials offered by Laura in the Kitchen compensate for the increase in difficulty. Moreover, for those with a fundamental culinary understanding, this channel will allow you to hone and refine those basic skills in order to increase your cooking repertoire and ultimately become a better chef.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LauraVitalesKitchen

Veggietorials

After you’ve thoroughly explored the first two channels on this list, give your arteries a rest with a healthier selection of recipes. Hosted by Cobi Kim, Veggietorials features video tutorials for exclusively vegan and plant-based dishes. In addition to vegetarian cooking recipes, Cobi Kim offers viewers healthy eating tips as well as vegan restaurant reviews, which she calls “Vegging Out,” in consideration for how difficult these types of eateries may be to find in our primarily carnivorous society. Don’t be discouraged by the tremendous health benefits of these recipes, because according to her viewers, and what makes this particular vegan cooking channel so remarkable, is that her dishes do not lack in the taste department.

https://www.youtube.com/user/veggietorials

1 Comment

One Response to “3 YouTube channels that’ll make your mouth water”

1. veggietorials on February 24th, 2015 12:51 pm

Honored to be mentioned in such fantastic company! Hilah and Laura are awesome. Thanks for the feature 🙂

[Reply]

• 3 YouTube channels that’ll make your mouth water

Style Sunday: Off-the-shoulder

Paul Simon is still crazy after all these years

Milwaukee Rock Theatre Company brings new life and personality to “American Idiot”

ATTEY: Chappelle’s Netflix special balances comedy, controversy

Style Sunday: Thigh-high boots

Students prepare for second senior year

Alumna stars in “My Fair Lady”

VOGEL: Gorillaz comeback revives band

Senior profiles underground artists online

‘Gouda’ eats from second food truck event