Christmas concerts you can’t miss

With the holiday season already in motion, here are some of the most sensational Christmas concerts to take place in Milwaukee.

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra delivered an electric performance on their 2013 holiday tour. (Photo via trans-siberian.com)

1.)

Who: Trans-Siberian Orchestra

What: The Christmas Attic Tour

When: Monday, Dec. 29

Where: BMO Harris Bradley Center

Trans-Siberian Orchestra (TSO) is a four-piece, progressive rock group known for its stunning visual displays as well as their overwhelmingly aggressive (often Christmas-themed) music. The Christmas Attic tour is named after the band’s 1998 album which, like its title would suggest, features various holiday themes. While the band’s production isn’t strictly seasonal, you won’t find a better time of year to experience their ingenious mixture of classical orchestras, children’s choirs and of course their fundamental rock and roll core.

2.)

Who: Martina McBride

What: Her holiday season concert

When: Thursday, Dec. 11 and Friday, Dec. 12

Where: Northern Lights Theatre

Martina McBride is one of the most prevalent American country singers, known for her ominous ballads and piercing range. As a winner of 14 Grammy awards, McBride has proven herself to be a must-hear for any country fan, and on Dec. 11, she is expected to verify her illustrious reputation in Milwaukee.

3.)

The Milwaukee Police Band will be one of several acts performing at the "Christmas in the Ward" holiday festival. (Photo via city.milwaukee.gov)
The Milwaukee Police Band will be one of several acts performing at the “Christmas in the Ward” holiday festival. (Photo via city.milwaukee.gov)

Who: Milwaukee Police Band, Highpoint barbershop quartet, Sussex Hamilton a capella and more.

What: “Christmas in the Ward” holiday festival

When: Friday, Dec. 5 and Saturday, Dec. 6

Where: Catalano Square in the Third Ward

“Christmas in the Ward” is an annual holiday festival which takes place around the Third Ward in Milwaukee. This year, the Milwaukee Police Band, Highpoint barbershop quartet, and Sussex Hamilton a capella are just a few of the musical acts to be featured in the festival. Besides the music that will be featured this year, “Christmas in the Ward” offers a multitude of shops and activities that the whole family can enjoy. In addition, the festival features live reindeer, horse-drawn carriage rides and a showing of Disney’s Frozen at the Hudson Business Lounge. Whether you are coming alone or bringing the whole family, there are bound to be a number of events among the festivities to pique your interests.

4.)

Who: Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra

What: Under the Mistletoe featuring Ashley Brown

When: Friday, Dec. 5 through Sunday, Dec. 7

Where: Marcus Center for the Performing Arts

Every year, the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra performs a holiday concert where they feature a number of holiday hits, including many Christmas classics. This year, the festival will feature Broadway actress and vocalist Ashley Brown. Brown is best known for her role as Mary Poppins in the Broadway production, and has proven to be an all-around incredibly talented performer. With the collaboration between the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra and Broadway star Ashley Brown, Under the Mistletoe is sure to be riveting.

5.)

Who: The Naturals, Gold ‘n Blues and The Meladies

What: Christmas Cheer: The Marquette a capella Christmas Concert

When: Friday, Dec. 5

Where: Weasler Auditorium

Marquette’s three a capella ensembles will be collaborating for the very first time to bring Marquette students a vocal presentation they are sure to remember. Each group will be featuring classic Christmas songs individually and will eventually combine as one assembly to perform a select Christmas song together.