DPS Reports 4/3-4/6

Photo courtesy of Marquette's website.

Photo courtesy of Marquette's website.

Melanie Lawder

April 3

Between 1 and 1:30 a.m., a student reported that unknown person(s) removed his unsecured, unattended property estimated at $30 in Raynor Library.

Between 4 and 4:15 a.m., a student reported that an acquaintance not affiliated with Marquette removed the student’s unsecured, unattended property estimated at $1,000 in a residence in the 500 block of N. 20th St. MPD was contacted.

At 5:35 p.m., a student reported that unknown person(s) removed his secured, unattended bicycle estimated at $320 in Lot R.

At 9:13 p.m., two people not affiliated with Marquette acted in a disorderly manner toward each other in the 700 block of W. Wisconsin Ave. and one of the subjects displayed a knife. MPD was contacted and took the subjects into custody.  The subjects were later transported to detox.

April 4

Between 2:43 a.m. and 3:13 a.m., an underage student in Mashuda Hall admitted to consuming alcohol at an off campus location.

At 10:56 a.m., a person not affiliated with Marquette was aggressively panhandling in the 1600 block of W. Wisconsin Ave. and will be cited by MPD.

At 11:36 a.m., an employee reported that between March 25 at 8 p.m. and March 26 at 6 a.m., unknown person(s) removed secured, unattended university property estimated at $900 in the Al McGuire Center. MPD was contacted.

At 11:36 a.m., an employee reported that between March 28 at 6 p.m. and March 31 at 3 p.m., unknown person(s) removed secured, unattended university property est. at $3,000 in the Al McGuire Center. MPD was contacted.

At 11:36 a.m., an employee reported that between March 30 at 6 p.m. and March 31 at 4 p.m., unknown person(s) removed secured, unattended university property estimated at $4,500 in the Al McGuire Center. MPD was contacted.

At 11: 36 a.m., an employee reported that between 8 p.m. on April 3 and 4:30 a.m. on April 4, unknown person(s) removed secured, unattended university property estimated at $900 in the Al McGuire Center. MPD was contacted.

April 5

At 12:56 a.m., a student’s underage guest in McCormick Hall consumed alcohol at an unknown location.

At 1 a.m., unknown person(s) vandalized university property in O’Donnell Hall causing an estimated $5 in damage. Facilities Services was contacted.

At 1:16 a.m., a fire alarm sounded for McCormick Hall. MFD was contacted and the building evacuated. Upon investigation, it was determined that a student discharged a fire extinguisher without cause which activated the alarm. The alarm was reset. MPD was contacted and cited the student.

At 2:01 a.m., a student reported being touched in an indecent manner by an unidentified subject in a business in the 1600 block of W. Wells St. MPD was contacted.

Between April 5 at 2:17 a.m. and April 6 at 9 p.m., a student reported being harassed by a student-employee in the Raynor Library. MPD was contacted.

Between 3 and 3:30 a.m., a student reported being sexually assaulted by another student in the Triangle Fraternity. MPD was contacted.

Between 11:50 a.m. and 1:20 p.m., a student-employee reported being harassed by a student in McCormick Hall.

At 2:57 p.m., two students were in possession of drug paraphernalia in McCormick Hall and were taken into custody by MPD.  The students were cited and released.

Between April 5 at 10:45 p.m. and April 6 at 12:58 a.m., a student reported being shoved by an unknown subject in a residence in the 800 block of N. 18th St. MPD was contacted.

April 6

At 12:06 a.m., an unattended container with a controlled substance was found on the floor of the dining hall in McCormick Hall. The property was turned over to MPD.

At 12:45 a.m., three students acted in a disorderly manner in a residence in the 900 block of N. 18th St.  MPD was contacted.