Recap of the 2014 Grammy Awards

French electronica duo Daft Punk took home five trophies, including top honors for Album of the Year and Record of the Year, at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards.

The 56th Annual Grammy Awards was a show not to miss. With Beyoncé and Jay-Z kicking off the night to Lorde cleaning up with the awards, the entertainment did not stop. The host, LL Cool J, was his typical cool and collected self. From great performances to surprising winners, here are some highlights from the show.

Performances:

There is no outdoing Beyoncé. She kicked off the show with her husband, Jay-Z, singing “Drunk in Love.” Music’s hottest couple definitely gave a hot performance.

Lorde’s performance was interesting to say the least. Even though she looked like she was 30 instead of 16, there is no denying that her voice is incredible. Although, she might want to work on some new dance moves.

Pink’s performance was amazing! It was probably my favorite from the whole night. I know she always does the acrobatic routine, but she really knows how to pull it off. Pure talent.

The pairing of Imagine Dragons and Kendrick Lamar did not do it for me. It was a weird combination and I was not impressed. I liked both of them separately, but not together.

The pairing of Daft Punk and Stevie Wonder was a different story. I absolutely loved it and the audience ate it up as well.

But I think the most talked about performance of the night was Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Miranda Lambert, Queen Latifah, and Madonna. During the song “Same Love,” Queen Latifah married 33 couples in the audience. Yes, Queen Latifah officiated a wedding for 33 couples. Then Madonna came out to sing “Open Your Heart.” The whole performance was amazing and, by the end of it, the audience was standing in applause. It was a really touching moment.

Winners:

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis won four Grammys in total including Best New Artist.

Daft Punk won four Grammys including the biggest awards of the night, Album of the Year and Record of the Year.

Best Rap Duo went to Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake for the song “Holy Grail.”

Best Pop Vocal Album went to Bruno Mars for his album, “Unorthodox Jukebox.” I thought Bruno would have won more awards for his amazing album, but at least he is going to be the Super Bowl halftime performer this weekend.

Lorde won two big awards including Best Pop Solo Performance and Song of the Year for “Royals.” I definitely did not see her beating out Bruno Mars or Macklemore to win those awards, but that song was just too catchy to ignore.

What was your favorite performance of the night?