Women run second at Rosa Invitational; Men take sixth

The Marquette women’s and men’s cross country teams placed second and sixth overall Saturday morning at the Lucian Rosa Invitational in Somers, Wis. Northwestern won the women’s race while Windsor University won the men’s race.

Leading Marquette, as she has all year, was sophomore standout Kellie Greenwood, who finished sixth overall in the 5K race with a time of 17:59.6. Freshman Brittney Feivor placed second on the team and 10th overall (18:13.2), followed by junior Elisia Meyle in 16th place (18:23.8), and sophomore Kayla Spencer (20th overall, 18:27.3). Senior Rebecca Pachuta (30th overall, 18:36.4) finished fifth for Marquette and freshman Allison Parker (18:45.5) and senior Hannah Frett (18:59.9) rounded out Marquette’s top seven.

On the men’s side, redshirt seniors Jack Senefield (12th overall, 25:40.5) and Spencer Agnew (14th overall, 25:41.7) led Marquette in the 8K race. Sophomore Andres Tineo Paz continued his strong season and placed third on the team and 30th overall, with a time of 26:13.0. Rounding out Marquette’s top five was redshirt sophomore Blake Lawson (51st overall, 26:28.8) and sophomore Michael Corr (52nd overall, 26:29.3). Sophomore William Hennessy and redshirt sophomore David Sadjak were the Golden Eagles’ sixth and seventh runners, respectively.

The teams return to action Friday, Oct. 18 at the Bradley Classic in Peoria, Ill. as a final tune-up for the Big East Cross Country Championships which they host Saturday, Nov. 2 at the same course, the Wayne E. Dannehl National Cross Country Course.

Story by Ryan Patterson
Special to the Tribune