MUSG Brief JMC1 WPO2 JE3

Marquette Student Government will vote to approve the 2011-’12 fiscal year budget Thursday night. The proposed budget features a slight decrease in total revenues and expenses from the current budget and is being projected at $508,900.

This year, MUSG’s budget surpassed the half-million dollar mark for the first time in the organization’s history, reaching a figure of $513,050. Such a large amount was made available as the result of a withdrawal from the MUSG reserve fund that was authorized by the senate three years ago.

Financial Vice President John Dunlap, a junior in the College of Business Administration, presented the budget to the organization on April 14, and said he believes the proposed allocations of funds best reflect where students want their money to be spent.

In other news, MUSG is currently seeking to fill positions on various All University Committees. Positions seeking applicants include the Core Curriculum Review Committee, Student Health Advisory Board, the University Athletics Board and the Dining Advisory Board.

Students who are selected to All University Committees act as liaisons between administrators and students and attend meetings to be informed of university plans and offer feedback.

MUSG is also hiring and training staff for the upcoming year, said President Joey Ciccone, a junior in the College of Arts & Sciences. Among the appointed positions available to applicants is the judicial administrator position.

According to an MUSG release, the judicial administrator “is responsible for receiving all petitions for appeals and justice, serving as a constitutional reference, and coordinating the Election Appeals Committee.”

Ciccone and MUSG Adviser Kate Trevey appoint the position jointly.

Applications for this and the All University Committee are available at the MUSG website.