DPS 3/28-3/29

March 28

At 1:42 p.m., an employee reported that between March 25 at 8 p.m. and March 26 at 8 a.m., an unknown person(s) vandalized university property in McCormick Hall, causing an estimated $500 in damage. Department of Public Safety officers found what appeared to be hot sauce on fifth floor walls and a broken window in the study lounge. They also discovered a third floor bathroom stall door was knocked off its hinges. Facilities Services was contacted.

At 5:05 p.m., a female student reported that between 1 and 4 a.m., she was sexually assaulted by an acquaintance in Straz Tower Hall. The student has declined Milwaukee Police Department assistance at this time.

March 29

At 12:50 p.m., a 56-year-old male not affiliated with Marquette was found trespassing in the cafeteria of Straz Tower Hall. According to DPS officers, the subject appeared to be intoxicated and had been dealt with in the past. The subject was cited by MPD and warned to stay off campus.

At 6:25 p.m., a student reported that between 5:30 and 6:25 p.m., a suspicious male not affiliated with Marquette was trespassing in an apartment building in the 900 block of North 16th Street. DPS officers found the subject sitting on a table near some washers and dryers and seized three screwdrivers, a kitchen knife and drug paraphernalia from him. DPS detained the subject, who was taken into custody by MPD for possession of burglary tools, trespassing, vandalism and possession of drug paraphernalia.