DPS Reports 3/08

March 4

At 11:44 a.m., Schroeder Hall staff reported that a strange smell was emanating from a female student’s room. Department of Public Safety officers arrived and checked the room. After further questioning, the student admitted to having a pill bottle containing a green, leafy substance along with a small pipe. The student was taken into custody by the Milwaukee Police Department for possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia.

At 1:00 p.m., MPD found a male student in McCormick Hall to be in possession of a growing kit for illegal mushrooms along with seeds assumed to be drug-related. MPD had arrested an individual not affiliated with Marquette earlier that day for possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, which led them to investigate the student. The student was not cited, though an investigation is continuing.

At 8:56 p.m., DPS officers found an underage, male student loading nine 16-oz cans of Miller Lite and six 12-oz cans of Bud Light Lime into his backpack in the 1400 block of West Wells Street. After investigating, they discovered the student was in possession of a false ID and had intended to bring the alcohol into McCormick Hall. The alcohol and ID were confiscated.

March 5

At 9:31 a.m., a male student reported that between Fri., March 4, at 9 p.m. and Sat., March 5, at 8:30 a.m., unknown person(s) vandalized a side mirror on his secured, unattended vehicle in the 900 block of North 15th Street causing an estimated $600 in damage. MPD was contacted.

At 10:41 a.m., a student reported that, between 12:15 a.m. and 9:30 a.m., unknown person(s) forcibly entered his secured, unattended vehicle in the 800 block of North 14th Street and removed property estimated at $175. Estimated damage to the vehicle is $200. MPD was contacted.

March 6

At 4:01 a.m., a male student reported that unknown person(s) removed his unsecured, unattended property estimated at $200 from Abbottsford Hall. The student declined assistance from MPD.

At 4:06 p.m., a male student reported that, between 12 a.m. and 10 a.m., unknown person(s) removed his property estimated at $260 from a residence in the 800 block of North 16th Street and used his credit card without his consent. MPD was contacted.