DPS Reports 11/08

Nov. 5

At 11:16 p.m., a fire alarm sounded for Schroeder Hall. Milwaukee Fire Department was contacted and the building evacuated. Upon investigation, it was determined that an unknown person activated a Jungle Chorus firework, setting off the alarm. One student said she heard a male yell, “Remember, remember the 5th of November.” The alarm was reset and the building reopened.

Nov. 6

At 7:30 p.m., a female student, 18, reported that an unknown person removed her secured, unattended prescription medication from Schroeder Hall.  Milwaukee Police Department assistance was declined.

At 9:59 p.m., a female student, 19, was found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia in Schroeder Hall after a resident assistant smelled a suspicious odor coming from her room. The student was taken into custody by MPD, cited and released.

Nov. 7

At 1:06 a.m., a Department of Public Safety officer observed two female students, 19, and a male student, 19,  hiding outside the Newbridge Apartments. Upon investigation, drug paraphernalia was found near the students, none of whom claimed ownership of the object. The paraphernalia was turned over to MPD.

At 2:31 a.m., a male student, 21,  removed two bags of chips from Open Pantry and fled the scene. DPS located and detained the student, who admitted to taking the chips after acting disrespectfully towards the officers. The student refused to cooperate with DPS and was taken into custody by MPD.