Fantasy Focus

Play Him: Darren McFadden, RB, Oakland Raiders.

This one is obvious. After showing brief flashes of the game-breaking talent he displayed at Arkansas, “Run DMC” finally broke out in style Sunday against the Broncos, rushing for 165 yards and three scores on only 16 caries. That was good for a whopping 43 points in standard ESPN leagues. He may not show up every week, but his big-play potential is too enormous to ignore. Start him with confidence.

Sit Him: Randy Moss, WR, Minnesota Vikings

How the mighty has fallen. Moss has always been a staple of championship-caliber fantasy teams, putting up huge yards and sucking in touchdown passes like a Dirt Devil. This year, not so much. His speed isn’t quite there anymore, but more disconcerting, he seems indifferent and lethargic. Moss hasn’t caught more than five passes or gone off for more than 100 yards in any game, and he and quarterback Brett Favre don’t appear to be on the same page. Throw in the emergence of Percy Harvin as Minnesota’s go-to offensive threat, and you’ve got a recipe for disaster. Never mind that Moss gets to play his former team, New England, this weekend. I’d say the Pats have a better chance for revenge than he does.

Get Him: Jabar Gaffney, WR, Denver Broncos

Coming off a 59-14 loss to the Raiders, the Broncos are due for a big bounce back game. And they’ve got the woeful 49ers on the horizon, a team the previously winless Panthers just carved up. Fellow wide receive Eddie Royal is still banged up, leaving more targets for Gaffney, who has been solid but not spectacular this year. If Orton decides to throw the ball his way, Gaffney could light the 49ers up like the Vegas strip. He’s available in 38.7 percent of ESPN leagues, so pick him up for a spot start this weekend.